Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Legacy of Story

As we welcome the New Year, we look at fresh opportunities to create new things. Because of a project I am working on, the first thing that comes to my mind is the creation and maintenance of our family traditions.
I am currently working on a piece called "Legacy of Story: Telling your Parent and Grandparent Stories". In it we explore our histories and how to bring them to our children in a living way; as healing tales, wonder tales, fun tales, teaching tales, as gifts, and as a legacy.
This subject is one that is very dear to my heart. I would like to offer an invitation to you, my readers, to share with me your thoughts, experiences and stories about your own Legacy of Story. What kinds of stories did you have passed down to you from your family and relatives? How were you told them? Where? When? Have you passed these stories on to your children? How were they received? What do you have to tell me about sharing this rich legacy?
You are welcome to reply here on the blog or to email me directly at sigi@teachwonderment.com. I will look forward to your comments and questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment